Api Base Camp Trek
Adventure off the beaten track through a stark contrast of many terrains and authentic wilderness far from modern civilization. Set to the backdrop of the Api Nampa Conservation Area, traverse the great Mahakali Valley, steep gorges, wild rivers, waterfalls, pristine sub-tropical forests, high alpine pasture areas and the Himalayan mountains.
The crowning feature of this trek is the spectacular view of the snowcapped Api Himal mountain which stands at a towering 7132m – the highest mountain in the far western region of Nepal. The people in this region are a mix of both Hindu and Buddhist cultures and exhibit a way of life untouched by modernity. Given the remoteness and low frequency of tourists in this area, camping is required because lodging cannot be guaranteed.
This trek is challenging – trekking can take up the full day in remote landscapes and involves steep trails to overcome the passes. A good level of fitness and experience is recommended.
March, April, May, September, October, November
Level of Difficulty
Majestic Vies of Api Saipal Himal 7132m
- Day 1 Flight Kathmandu - Dhangadhi Drive to Mahendra Nagar.
- Day 2 Drive to Drive to Drive to Gokuleshwor 15 hrs
- Day 3 Karkale - Day of leisure/local exploration
- Day 4 Karkale - Chiureni (1100m) 7 hrs
- Day 5 Chiureni – Makarighat (1800m) 7 hrs
- Day 6 Makarighat – Seti (3000m) 6 hrs
- Day 7 Seti – Bayaligaad (3400m) 5 hrs
- Day 8 Bayaligaad - Simar(3600m) 5 hrs
- Day 9 Simar - Dhauliodar(3800m) 5 hrs
- Day 10 Dhauliodar - Api Himal Base Camp (4250m) 3 hrs
- Day 11 Rest/Local Exploration
- Day 12 Api Himal Base Camp - Saheb Bagar (2800m) 6 hrs
- Day 13 Saheb Bagar – Makarighat (1800m) 6 hrs
- Day 14 Makarighat – Bitulechaur (1200m), 7 hrs
- Day 15 Bitulechaur – Gokuleshwor (850m), 6 hrs
- Day 16 Gokuleshwor - Drive to Mahendranagar, 15 hrs
- Day 17 Drive to Dhangadhi/Nepalgunj
- Day 18 Flight Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
You may like
- The Mo:Mo – Five Facts, Best Eats and mo’ Jan 21, 2016
- Speaking like a local – useful lingo for the trail Nov 12, 2015
- 5 Things To Do In Nepal on Valentine’s Day. If you must. Feb 14, 2016