Great Himalaya Trails (GHT) is a network of trails that makes it possible to hike in the Nepali hills and mountains from Humla and Darchula in the West to Kanchenjunga in the East. From the popular trekking areas of Everest and Annapurna to the more secluded treks in Dolpa and Makalu Barun, the GHT is the banner that covers the entire Nepali Himalayas.
The GHT is split into 10 sections with hundreds of stunning trails that have been walked for centuries. You can trek parts of the GHT or walk across the 10 sections all in one go.
Along the trails, you’ll find big mountains, astounding vistas, welcoming villages and a unique personal challenge. Those who have trekked along the GHT have called it a spiritual journey. We invite you to come and see if you agree.
This website is designed to:
- INSPIRE travelers to explore the stunning nature and fascinating culture in Nepal. Our GHT trailer offers a sneak peak into what awaits the adventurous traveler who ventures to this magical corner of the world.
- Help visitors PLAN their trek. From over 40 trekking itineraries our new search tool Find a GHT Trek will help pick out the perfect trek to suit your interests and schedule.
- SHARE information about the trekking opportunities on the GHT and the different activities that surrounds them. For first hand accounts from trekkers out on the trails take a look at our recent blog series Trekker’s Journal. If you’ve just returned from a trek why not share your experience by contributing your own story to the series?
The GHT in itself is not a tour operator but we aim to help visitors connect with Nepali tour operators who offer trekking itineraries for the different routes on the Great Himalaya Trails. Our website is in the development phase, and over the course of the next few weeks we will continue to add more helpful tools and information to help prepare you for your visit to the GHT.
If you have any questions or suggestions for improvements drop us a line: [email protected]
Have a question? Ask Us!
- Langtang & Helambu Trek through high altitude pastures dotted with gr...
- Kanchenjunga Circling the Kathmandu Valley on the descent to th...
- Manaslu & Ganesh Himal Enjoy stunning views of Nepal's 8th highest mounta...