Everest – A Mountain of Records
October 6, 2015
Reaching the summit of the highest mountain in the world is no easy endeavor. It requires courage, commitment, patience and mental as well as physical fitness. We’ve gathered the names of some of the legends who have achieved supreme records on Mount Everest; from the first summit reach to the longest stay at the top of the world and the daring first paragliding descent. Prepare to be in awe.
TO THE SUMMIT
|Record Name||Record||The Great||Homeland||Achieved Date|
|YOUNGEST GIRL TOCLIMB MOUNT EVEREST||13 years and 11
|India||May 25, 2014|
|OLDEST PERSON TO CLIMB MOUNT EVEREST||80 years and
224 days old
|Mr. Yuichiro Miura||Japan||May 23, 2013|
|OLDEST FEMALE TO REACH THE SUMMIT||73 years old||Ms. Tamae Watanabe||Japan||19 May, 2012|
|MOST NUMBER OF TIMES TO REACH THE SUMMIT||21||
Mr. Apa Sherpa
|Nepal||May 11, 2011|
|YOUNGEST PERSON TO CLIMB MOUNT EVEREST||13 years, 10 months and 10 days old||Mr. Jordan Romero||United States||May 22, 2010|
|FASTEST ASCENT FROM EVEREST BASE CAMP TO SUMMIT||8 hours, 10 minutes||Mr. Pemba Dorjee||Nepal||May 21, 2004|
|LONGEST STAY ON SUMMIT||21 hours||Late Mr. Babu Chiri Sherpa||Nepal||May 1999|
|Record||The Supreme||Homeland||Achieved Date|
|FIRST CLIMBERS CONFIRMED AS HAVING REACHED THE SUMMIT||Mr. Tenzing Norgay and Sir. Edmund Hillary||Nepal and New Zealand||May 29, 1953|
|FIRST NEPALI WOMAN TO CLIMB EVEREST||Late Ms. Pasang Lhamu Sherpa||Nepal||April 22, 1993|
|FIRST PARAGLIDER DESCENT FROM SUMMIT||Mr. Jean-Marc Boivin||France||September 26, 1988|
|FIRST WINTER ASCENT||Mr. Krzysztof Wielicki and
Mr. Leszek Cichy
|Poland||February 17, 1980|
|FIRST WOMAN TO REACH THE SUMMIT||Ms. Junko Tabei||Japan||May 16, 1975|
We were going to leave it at that…but this last Everest record is too sweet to leave out. In fact, it deserves a category of its very own.
TAKING ROMANTIC GESTURES TO NEW HEIGHTS
|FIRST COUPLE TO MARRY ON TOP OF MOUNT EVEREST||
Mr. Pem Dorjee and
Ms. Moni Mulepati
|Nepal||May 30, 2005|
More on MyGHT
- Take Someone Outdoors Bringing a friend along with you, would not only be the best...
- A Guide to the Best Base Camp Treks in Nepal Base camps are famously known for being a starting point for...
- A guide to Teahouse Trekking in Nepal The best way to experience trekking along the Great Himalaya...
- Top 8 treks to explore in Nepal As the spring trekking season comes to a close we can’t he...
- Trekker’s Journal: On the fast track to Rara Lake Ke Garne. If you attempt to learn only one phrase during you...
- Kanchenjunga Circling the Kathmandu Valley on the descent to th...
- Makalu Barun Catch breathtaking views of Makalu, Everest and Lh...
- Dolpa Until recently, what little the outside world knew...