Limi Valley Trek
Entering the rarely visited and mystic Limi Valley is like stepping back in time. Due to the isolated location, the villages are very untouched by modern development. Century old Buddhist traditions interwoven with shamanistic influences are still an important part of daily life here.
You follow the ancient salt trading and pilgrimage route to the border of Nepal and China, crossing the Nara La pass (4620 m) with spectacular views of the Himalayas. From the border town of Hilsa you turn northeast towards the Limi Valley.
During this trek you have a chance to spot the elusive snow leopard, Himalayan blue sheep, jackals, hyenas and musk deer. You sleep in authentic, small Buddhist villages and camp in amazing spots amidst the snow-capped mountains.
Due to its remote location, Humla is still an “off the beaten trek destination”. Especially in spring and summer you’ll see very few tourists.
March, April, May, September, October, November
Camping, Homestay, Teahouse/Lodge
Level of Difficulty
Restricted Area Trekking Permit to Humla/Limi Valley (issued by Immigration Office in Kathmandu) and District Development Committee (DDC) Tax of NRS 1000 per trekker to be paid in Simikot.
- Day 1 Flight Kathmandu - Nepalgunj (200 m)
- Day 2 Flight Nepalgunj - Simikot (2950 m)
- Day 3 Simikot - Dharapuri (2300 m) 4 hrs
- Day 4 Dharapuri - Kermi (2670 m) 4 hrs
- Day 5 Kermi - Yalbang (3020 m) 5 hrs
- Day 6 Yalbang - Tumkot (3380 m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 7 Tumkot - Yari (3700 m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 8 Yari - Hilsa (3720 m), crossing the Nara La (4620 m) 7 hrs
- Day 9 Hilsa - Manepeme (3990 m) 5 hrs
- Day 10 Manepeme - Til (4000 m) 6 hrs
- Day 11 Til - Halji (3660 m) 3-4 hrs
- Day 12 Halji - Jang (3930 m) 4 hrs
- Day 13 Jang - Talung (4370 m) 8 hrs
- Day 14 Talung - Shinjungma (3620 m), crossing the Nyalu La (4949 m) 8 hrs
- Day 15 Shinjungma - Kermi (2670 m) 7 hrs
- Day 16 Kermi - Simikot (2950 m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 17 Flight Simikot - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
- 7 Tips for Monsoon Trekking Jul 27, 2016
- Picture Perfect Nepal – A beginner’s guide to mountain photography Apr 26, 2016
- Happy 2073! Celebrating New Year’s in Nepal Apr 22, 2016