Humla Nyinba Valley Trek to Raling Gompa
While Humla in northwestern Nepal is quite famous as the gateway to Mount Kailash in Tibet, very few people know that very close to Simikot (the headquarters of Humla) lies a beautiful hidden valley, the Nyinba Valley. Entering the Nyinba Valley is like stepping back in time. In the small villages century-old Tibetan Buddhist traditions are still an important part of daily life. The trek will take you to the Buddhist monastery of Raling Gompa, which is beautifully located at the bottom of Crystal Mountain. Leaving from Kathmandu, it’s an 8 day trip, but it can be shortened or extended, depending on how many hours you decide to walk per day.
March, April, May, September, October, November
Level of Difficulty
Trekking Permit to Simikot and adjoining villages, issued by Immigration Office in Kathmandu. District Development Committee Tax of and NRS 1000 per trekker, payable at Simikot airport.
- Day 1 Flight Kathmandu - Nepalgunj (200 m), stay overnight.
- Day 2 Fly Nepalgunj- Simikot (2950m), afternoon Local exploration.
- Day 3 Simikot – Buraunse (3200m) via Burause Gompa (3430m), 4 hours.
- Day 4 Buraunse – Nimatang (3325m ), 4 hours.
- Day 5 Nimatang - Raling Gompa (3930m), 4 hours.
- Day 6 Raling Gompa – Bargaon (2940m), 4 hours.
- Day 7 Bargaon – Karpunath (2106m), 4 hours.
- Day 8 Karpunath – Simikot (2950m), 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 9 End Trek, Fly Simikot - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu.
Specialised Operators offering this itinerary
- 5 Things To Do In Nepal on Valentine’s Day. If you must. Feb 14, 2016
- Happy 2073! Celebrating New Year’s in Nepal Apr 22, 2016
- The Muddy Mayhem of Ropain Jul 08, 2015