Machhapuchhre Model Trek
The Machhapuchhre Model Trek is a new alternative trekking route in Annapurna Conservation area. The trail route is specifically designed for trekkers who are looking for a less congested, unspoiled trek far from the growing road network. This route generally covers 7 villages inhabited by different ethnic groups such as Gurung, Magar, Tamang, Dalit (Damai, Kami), Newar and Brahmin.
The trail spans a variety of different terrains – beautifully carved terrace farming, amazing waterfalls and caves, mountain landscapes and lush vegetation including vibrant blossoming rhododendron forests.
The main highlights of the trek is the unique picturesque view of Machhapuchhre (commonly referred to as Mt. Fishtail – 6,993m).
February, March, April, May, August, September, October, November
Level of Difficulty
TIMS Permit and ACAP Trekking Permit.
- Day 1 Flight Kathmandu-Pokhara
- Day 2 Drive to Mardi Pul thenTrek to Ribhan Village (1430m) 5 hrs
- Day 3 Ribhan - Chichimle Kharka (2645m) 6 hrs
- Day 4 Chichimle Kharka - Khumai Danda (3245m) 5 hrs
- Day 5 Khumai Danda – Korchon (3650m) 4 hrs
- Day 6 Rest/Exploration Day at Korchon.
- Day 7 Korchon - Takru (1450m) 7 hrs
- Day 8 Takru - Saitighatta 2 hrs then Drive Back to Pokhara, 6 hrs
- Day 9 Flight Pokhara- Kathmandu.